Seeking Highly motivated, experienced Civil Engineer for our growing Geo-Environmental and Civil Engineering team. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual looking for career growth and experienced in stormwater design and permitting. Our engineering staff provide support for permitting, design, and construction of a wide variety of technically challenging projects primarily for industrial, utility, renewable energy, and solid waste management clients. As a Sr Environmental Engineer, you will apply your knowledge and develop new skills while working on challenging projects. By providing you with mentors, you will attain a well-rounded knowledge that will offer boundless opportunities for your professional development.
Our Civil/Environmental Engineers
- Design stormwater management systems, renewable energy systems, and solid waste management systems.
- Prepare construction and industrial stormwater SWPPPs.
- Prepare grading plans.
- Provide civil-site design for a wide variety of projects supporting developers, facilities, and infrastructure comply with various state and federal regulations;
- Assist clients in addressing their development challenges and goals by working with project teams to perform analyses;
- Mentor and delegate tasks to junior level staff;
- Have strong technical writing, data management, organizational and communication skills; and
- Apply quality assurance and quality control processes;
- Travel (typically 15-20%) throughout the US, primarily in the midwest.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering;
- 5+ years engineering experience providing civil-site design including stormwater management systems, site grading, road alignment, and similar tasks;
- Professional Engineer preferred
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D software;
- Experience with HydroCAD or other stormwater modeling/hydrology software;
- Experience with the development and implementation of plans, designs, and specifications;
- Understanding of local, state, and federal level permitting for development (including Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources stormwater permitting, and Town/City site plan review applications);
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel software;
- Valid driving license (with no major violations); and
- Ability to pass a background check and OSHA physical.
In addition to the basic qualifications the qualifications below are highly desired but not required:
- Experience with energy related projects, specifically renewable energy (wind, solar, etc.);
- Experience independently analyzing and interpreting data regarding site uses and topography to develop stormwater management plans and best management practices;
- Experience with design and development of erosion and sedimentation control plans;
- Experience developing oil and hazardous materials Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasures (SPCC) Plans, Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP), Oil Pollution Act of 1990 response plans (OPA 90 Plans), hazardous waste contingency plans, emergency response plans, or emergency action plans;
- Environmental remediation technology knowledge and design experience addressing soil and groundwater impacts; and
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification, including current annual refresher.