The successful candidate will have an interest in civil site engineering and experience with site civil design and software applications including AutoCAD and Civil3D. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects for both the private and public sectors, such as schools, retail, offices, and industrial buildings. You will work with a team handling grading and drainage projects. This position will provide the opportunity for growth while working under the guidance of a Project Manager and/or Regional Manager. Continuous development and participation in professional societies will be encouraged and supported.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs basic engineering design tasks including grading, drainage, paving, utility, and roadways for public and private sector clients.
- Uses basic hydrology, earthwork, AutoCAD and Civil 3D software.
- Prepares simple reports and contributes to more complex reports.
- Prepares simple submittals to State, Municipal, and other agencies and contributes to more complex submittals.
- Exercises limited judgement on design decisions and selection of techniques or alternatives.
- Provides limited assistance in preparation of specifications and contract documents.
- Manages project files for conformance with company standards.
- Keeps Project Engineers and Managers informed of workload.
- Is active in technical societies.
- Is able to attend meetings or events outside of normal working hours.
- Has limited communication with clients.
- Provides limited direction to Engineering Technicians. Interacts with other departments and offices in order to coordinate work.
- Actively observes and acts in an appropriate manner related to safety.
EDUCATION And/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year university plus appropriate continuing education and 0-2 years of experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Engineer-In-Training (E.I.T.) or able to obtain within one year.
- A valid driver's license.