The Senior Structural Engineer will be responsible for developing and preparing structural drawings, calculations, determining loading requirements and material analysis. This position will require extensive experience in the use of Revit, Navisworks and AutoCAD as well as structural modeling software. The Senior Structural Engineer will communicate directly with the Architectural and Engineering Department design team as well as with the Manufacturing plant and installation crews on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the design, development and management of structural design across multiple projects.
· Prepare inspection and design reports as necessary
· Must have strong understanding/knowledge of industry codes and standards
· Must possess working knowledge of construction materials and methods
· Ability to successfully execute engineering analysis software to develop sound design solutions
· Responsible for executing structural analysis to determine seismic design criteria
· Ability to coordinate across all engineering disciplines
· Responsible for structural shop drawing review
· Maintain up to date structural design software while incorporating the latest versions/releases of all products
· Under the approval of the VP of Engineering, attend conferences, seminars and structural workshops
· Coordinate with the estimating and construction departments as needed
· Coordinate with site installation team to ensure “as built” conditions are captured
· Coordinate with A/E firms on structural design coordination and modeling
· Coordinate with Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) partners on structural design solutions
· Assist the design team with Product Development
· Participate in Industry Organizations
Engineering Design Team Members
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Individual should be proficient in Spreadsheet Software (Excel); Word Processing Software (Word); and Electronic Mail Software (Outlook). Proficient in the use of BIM software (AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, etc) and Bluebeam.