Dec 31, 2021
Ashland City, TN, USA
- Develop mechanical system design solutions based on engineering principles
- Provide technical support to external and internal customers.
- Resolve operational problems related to projects and minimize delays or unexpected cost increases.
- Responsible for project success whether project leader or as part of a project team
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed for all work completed.
- Support sales team in pre-sales technical concept and budgeting activities.
- Interpret client requirements, identify and address design parameters and engineering problems and ensure solutions are implemented accurately and in budget
Analyze project requirements and perform technical calculations supporting design
- Create and finalize designs to meet project requirements.
- Create accurate Bill of Materials.
- Define equipment and parts from external suppliers.
- Conduct cost estimation.
- Project Management: oversee project workflow and support internal and external resources to ensure timely delivery of projects, expected quality, and allotted budget.
- Mechanical design of customized solutions including motor sizing, pneumatic/electro-pneumatic/and electrical routing.
- Support manufacturing and testing of systems.
- Create customer documentation.
- Maintain accurate records and files according to quality standards.
- Commission customized products and systems onsite and at customer facilities.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar related degree).
- 3-5 years related job experience in piping systems design and/or manufacturing.
- Proficient in CAD software, MS Office, and relevant 3D piping design software.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of mechanical design and its application in automation industrial designs including specification or motors, gear, mechanical systems, pneumatics, robotics, and vacuum systems.
- Critical thinking with exceptional problem solving skills, able to work independently or in team environment
- Efficiently organize and plan work tasks to meet company goals.
- Proactive, resourceful & highly motivated with good communication skills and ability to work in high output environment.
- Travel as required to support projects up to 50%
We will consider candidates that require VISA transfer/sponsorship for this position.