Jan 01, 2022
- Advanced knowledge within the Civil Engineering and Structural Engineering discipline
- Design, modify and analyze civil engineering projects
- Design underground and overhead power
- Design steel structures such as access platforms including ladder and stair details, trusses, two-legged bents and four-legged support towers
- Develop a variety of civil connections including unique connections caused by field interferences.
- Capable of interpreting and designing from a variety of different domestic civil design codes
- Have an understanding of civil design systems and software packages
- Confidence and creative initiative to solve difficult problems and develop discipline specific arrangements
- Manage his or her own time to stay within the project allotted budget
- Perform as a Design Lead for small discipline projects which may include managing up to several engineers and designers per project
- Interfacing with clients in business development roles during scope and proposal development phases of a new project or as required
- Capable of developing civil design manhour estimates and work completion schedules
- Review vendor concrete reinforcement and structural steel shop fabrication drawings
- Develop and review project specifications
- Develop civil construction scope of work documents
- Mentor less senior engineers
- Possess professional registration
- Verify field conditions, constructability of designs, and assist in resolving problems during field construction
- May be required to participate in short or long term field assignments
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Civil or Structural Engineering
- 5+ years of experience working as a Civil Engineer, in the Process, Industrial or Power industries.
- Must hold Professional registrations (PE)
- Advanced knowledge of Civil/Structural Engineering
- Strong Microsoft Office software skills
- Knowledgeable of AutoCAD software
- Prefer experience with Risa-3D, REVIT, Microstation and STAADPro analysis software
- Possess report writing skills to create civil/structural evaluation reports of existing facilities
- Intermediate understanding of other discipline work flow and how all departments work together to complete projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE US WITHOUT SPONSORSHIP
We will consider candidates that require VISA transfer/sponsorship for this position.
This job is posted by a staffing firm/recruiter/third party agency.