You will lead the interiors practice team and projects through all phases of design. You have developed outstanding client relationships that will help support and grow the business, and possess the strategic planning and team development skill to do so. You believe in the power of analytics and market research to lead clients, teams, and projects to success while working collaboratively across disciplines and departments. In this role you will work in a fast-paced environment, leading multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring client satisfaction, while deepening relationships.
What You’ll Do:
Grow the Business
- Coordinate and support business development, public relations, and marketing opportunities to align with business plans.
- Guide and direct the members of the interiors practice team in the development, production, promotion, and marketing of company's functional markets and services
- Direct the business development strategy including market research, creating new business development opportunities, and actively pursuing leads.
- Participate in new business development activities to ensure effective results.
Coach & Develop Teams
- Supervise, train, and mentor team members ensuring their professional development
- Develop talent, identifying specialists, leaders, and future professionals for the firm
- Actively engage in professional development opportunities, both internal and external.
- Lead development of staff in sustainable strategies and practices
- Lead the development of and compliance with standards, policies, and procedures and direct others in the use of those resources.
- Effectively communicate with your team and colleagues, supporting a collaborative work environment
- Direct the development and implementation of interiors procedures that promote communication and appropriate information flow.
Lead Projects and Initiatives
- With team support, develop clear and consistent work plans that exceed targets
- Plan, organize, direct, and coordinate work efforts through all phases of a project, with minimal oversight from leadership.
- Provide input and support for the development of the entire design concept through all phases of the project.
- Participate in the planning, scheduling, and organization of project plans in collaboration with senior project team leaders.
- Implement standards, procedures, and protocols to assure continuity, coordination, and consistency of project documentation across the firm
- Proactively review and coordinate project documents
- Oversee quality control in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Seek creative and innovative solutions to complex problems
- Support compliance with BIM/CAD project standards and procedures.
- Hold a professional degree in Architecture or Interior Design.
- Have a current Architectural license or be NCIDQ certified.
- Knowledge of sustainable design practices and principles including LEED and other green building rating systems.
- Demonstrate your ability to successfully manage projects and teams
- Have 10+ years of experience or the equivalent knowledge and skills
- Be proficient in Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Suite
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of digital tools such as Rhinoceros, Grasshopper, Navisworks, Ladybug, Enscape, VR, etc.
- Be familiar with BIM and Revit Toolz