This integral team member will hold a lead role in both routine and complex assignments, and will include all aspects of design, and also elevation of our firm’s brand including client acquisition and cultivating existing client relationships.
Summary job description
- 7-10 years of experience
- Hold Architect’s License in Illinois
- Management of small to medium projects – primarily in Healthcare market
- Coordinate all aspects of assigned projects.
- Accurately estimate proposed scope of work
- Develop creative design solutions and solve complex problems
- Prepare both presentation drawings and design and construction details
- Lead and mentor small team of professionals
Detailed job description
Our ideal candidate will hold full responsibility for managing all aspects of multiple small to mid-size projects and/or clients. The Architect will be responsible for the coordination of all project efforts, administrative, aesthetic and technical; ensuring the most creative, efficient, and cost-effective execution of assigned projects. For projects based in Illinois, this individual will serve as one of the primary client liaisons with responsibility to achieve the schedule, budget, and scope of work to full completion and to the client’s full satisfaction. The Architect will be expected to actively manage the client’s design budget, schedule, and space program; along with providing oversight on all project documentation, and leading internal team assignments, communication, and coordination. For assigned projects, the Architect will be responsible for finished plans, details, permit submittals, meeting schedule and budget constraints, and approval of materials and constructability. It is imperative this individual have the ability to apply sound and diverse knowledge of architectural principles and practices. It is expected this person will be capable of effectively collaborating with a variety of project team individuals during all project phases in our team-based working environment. Strong communication skills are imperative.
Critical technical skills
- Strong presentation abilities
- Advanced knowledge of both AutoCAD and Revit
- Knowledge or familiarity with SketchUp, Photoshop, Microsoft Project, and Bluebeam
- Advanced knowledge of architectural building systems and materials
- Advanced knowledge of building codes, and ability to research, and incorporate findings into design documents.
- Lead consultants and technical team efforts to facilitate effective execution of project team design.
- Prepare, review and coordinates construction documents including verification documents achieve both best practice, office quality expectations and code requirements.
- Ability to effectively communicate with municipal/code officials, vendors, clients and contractors,
- Lead internal team meetings to discuss project design and technical issues, coordination matters, and aesthetic selections.
- Prepare client presentations including presentation of design concepts and drawings.
- Actively develops design budget estimate for review with owner expectations
Critical leadership traits
- Passionate about positive relationships with clients and co-workers
- Resolve conflict effectively and strives to enhance healthy team-oriented environment
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Strong organizational and time management abilities
- Critical thinking and decision making
- Accountability mindset for self and team
- Invests time in professional development of staff
Competitive wages and benefits including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous vacation time and paid US holidays
- Professional development compensation
- Company 401(k) matching contributions
- Maternity leave policy
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Term life and AD&D insurance