Nov 23, 2020
Waterloo, IA, USA
- Work closely on construction plans with clients, architects, and other engineering professionals.
- Performing structural design and analysis calculations, generating drawings and other technical duties.
- Calculate loads and stresses on different parts of a structure.
- Inspecting unsafe buildings and recommending options for repairs or demolition.
- Monitors engineering design schedules and budgets.
- Work collaboratively with multi-discipline engineering teams.
- Subscribe to our goals and objectives, including geographic and project-type diversity.
- Become a complementary member of our team as a whole, and on a project-by-project basis.
- Produce work using computer aided design/drafting hardware and software.
- Work on several projects at one time.
- Field measure and document existing buildings.
- Produce and coordinate construction drawings with other disciplines.
- Licensed Professional Engineer.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in a dynamic environment.
- Strong communication, report writing, organization, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of the design standards and codes for public building design.
- A high level of technical and organizational skill accompanied by strong oral and written communication.
- Working knowledge of design software such as Revit and AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge of standard computer software, such as Excel and Word.
We will consider candidates that require VISA transfer/sponsorship for this position.