Duties and Responsibilities
- Regularly monitors the progress of active projects or tasks through project management reviews and directs/guides responsible Project Managers to take appropriate corrective actions on a timely basis.
- Provides guidance in the development of well-defined project measurement and control program to meet firm and client requirements.
- Establishes management philosophy and procedures for the execution of all assigned projects in a given program to assure management philosophy and procedures for the execution of all assigned projects in a given program to assure consistency of approach and sharing of information and experiences among projects.
- Participates in business development activity by presenting the organization’s project capabilities, the establishment of client relationships and the procurement of work.
- Directs and supervises the activities of assigned personnel and provides for and enforces proper delegation of management authority, responsibility and accountability.
- Appoints Project Managers to new projects after securing the necessary approvals from upper management and clients.
- Provides quality reviews for release of proposals and deliverable documents to clients.
- Participates in financial project management tasks, such as billing, assessment of financial reports, etc., including assisting in collection of delinquent invoices.
- Manages multiple structural engineering projects concurrently.
- Coordinates with project engineers and internal staff to efficiently complete work.
- Attends meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, and contractors.
- Provides Structural construction administration including site visits and field reports.
- Strategic planning for business development of the Structural Division
- Trains designers, engineers and project managers in the Division.
- Maintains a safe working environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The incumbent must possess the following qualifications:
- BS or MS in civil, structural, or architectural engineering.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer.
- Minimum of 16 years of experience including 3 to 5 years of previous supervisory experience or any combination of experience and education that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Bluebeam.
- Experience in analysis and design of structural systems including foundations, retaining walls, steel framing, reinforced and prestressed concrete, masonry, and engineered wood.
- Flexible working style and ability to work in both a team environment and independently.
- Experience developing complete construction document packages for a variety of projects.
- Experience in supporting construction phase services and observations.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication abilities, including preparing and giving presentations and interpreting reports.
- Experience in investigations of existing structures and preparation of written reports.
- Strong analytical and judgement capabilities.
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to travel to every company office and business area.
- Ability to meet at construction sites and review work in progress.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit.
- Experience in conflict resolution.
- Experience in contract negotiations.
- Knowledge of basic contract law.
- Other related training.