We are looking for a Project Engineer/Manager to work from one of our Twin Cities offices. In this role, you will be responsible for the safe and cost-effective delivery of exceptional project outcomes to clients.
- Serves as Owner of a given project(s), ultimately accountable for all safety, financial and operational aspects of the project(s).
- Identifies business leads with our customers on new project opportunities. Offers a proposal or cost estimate in response to customer parameters. Maintains current opportunity status in CRM system or equivalent.
- Assigns task work to identified team members. Gives clear scope/schedule/budget expectations to any person receiving task or phase work.
- Identifies potential changes in scope/schedule/budget. These will arise in virtually any project and can be due to unforeseen developments, new regulatory developments, changes in customer’s instructions, or a variety of reasons.
- Secures appropriate level of QA/QC review by another team member on all outgoing deliverables, draft or final.
- Delivers interim and final work products on-schedule and in a high-quality state.
- Four-year (or graduate) degree preferred. Significant experience as a successful PM2 or subject matter expert may substitute for this requirement.
- 10+ years of project management experience
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external clients.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook; Deltek)
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Training in project management from one or more of the following: PSMJ PM Bootcamp or equivalent, PMP certification, other relevant trainings.
- Project Management Professional certified
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an Engineer field preferred.
- Commensurate with education, training, and experience