Forensic engineering, architecture and construction business has an opportunity for an experienced mid-level HVAC engineer. Company performs investigations of buildings on behalf of building owners and insurance companies and their attorneys. Performs cause and origin studies, scope of damage analysis, and litigation support for buildings and construction problems and damages. The candidate will have a passion for problem-solving, learning new skills and expressing concepts in written and spoken word. The candidate needs to be technically strong and articulate. The candidate must be able to and enthusiastically perform field investigations throughout the country. The candidate must proactively assist our clients, develop relationships, and generate business opportunities.
A strong interest in building performance and the interaction of mechanical systems with the building envelope is required. Experience and/or interest in developing Indoor Air Quality skills will be required. Experience in building construction processes including contracts, contract documents, field quality assurance, scheduling and cost control is a must. This individual will be expected to assist in and execute Mechanical system investigations of existing buildings and to design remedial repairs.
Need a well-rounded candidate able to help other disciplines as needed and have strong business development skills and the ability to assist with building a business. Looking for candidates willing to develop into the future leadership of our company.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, advanced degree desired
· 10 years experience
· PE License with the ability to obtain other states as needed
· Proficient design and construction; experience with building / HVAC commissioning
· Ability to travel.
· Physically able to spend long days in the field investigating buildings including rooftops of tall buildings and exterior investigation of building envelopes from lifts and ladders.
· Commitment to safety
· Working knowledge of Building Codes and ASHRAE standards; knowledge of various NFPA standards involving mechanical systems desired
· Excellent written skills
· Excellent verbal communication skills
· Ability to develop client relationships.