Currently looking for an experienced, highly motivated, and technically exceptional Structural Engineer.
- Work on one or more small to medium-sized projects and/or a portion of a large projects
- Be involved in development of new business opportunities and support of existing clients
- Provide oversight and mentoring of the work performed by junior staff
- Assist with design of low to mid-rise commercial, medical, educational and industrial structures, complete site observations and inspections, and technical report creation
- Execute designs utilizing a combination of steel, masonry, concrete, wood, cold formed steel, and composite materials
- Develop technical solutions to deliver the design through documentation and detailing while preserving the design intent
- Apply computerized analysis and design tools
- Participate in all project design phases along with construction administration
- Complete necessary project related calculations and authoring of specifications
- Perform project management duties including assisting individual project managers with the development and management of project budgets, scopes, fees, and production coordination with progression toward independently performing these duties
- Collaborate with multiple professional disciplines and be required to work within project deadlines
- Demonstrate an ongoing and consistent ability to work within the team culture
- Foster a commitment to external and internal client service
You Should Have
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering or related field with minimum 3+ years of experience, 5+ years preferred
- Registration as a Professional Engineer or ability to obtain within a year preferred
- Experience modifying or creating documents and drawings and apply standard structural engineering principles and methodologies.
- Experience in 3D modeling, visualization, and graphic software; REVIT and AutoCAD strongly preferred
- Willingness to travel and work remotely as required to meet project and corporate demands
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational skills
- Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and motivation to learn
- Collaborative and professional work ethic
- Ability to prioritize and concurrently service multiple projects
- Working knowledge of engineering systems
- Ability to understand and communicate with professionals of other disciplines
- Experience in development of new business opportunities and support of existing clients preferred
- Experience providing oversight and mentoring of the work performed by junior staff preferred
- Project management and business development understanding preferred
- Valid driver's license
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
The position will report directly to the Structural Department Manager and will work as an integrated member of a multi-discipline, in-house team of engineers, architects, and drafting technicians.
Benefits include competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, 401k with matching contributions, health insurance with dental and vision coverage, company paid life insurance and disability coverage, discretionary annual profit-sharing bonuses and a career that offers challenging and interesting projects balanced with a quality lifestyle in an engaged and inviting community.