Jan 01, 2022
Key Responsibilities (or) Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Produce civil design plans and specifications for roadway projects including: roadway alignment, sections, grading and paving, stormwater, wet utility plans, signing/striping and maintenance of traffic
- Provide construction support and provide guidance to support consultants including geotechnical, electrical/comm. and ITS.
- Conduct site visits and assist with documenting findings
- Prepare project proposals, interface and coordinate with clients
- Work independently and occasionally co-locate with Contractors to accomplish design work
- Ability and proficiency to lead a team of engineers and drafters to achieve common goals and schedules as a key member of a collaborative team
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team of engineers
- Willingness to work on a variety of projects
- Ability to work dynamically with clients and project team members
- Minimum of 6 years of civil design experience with a PE in the State of Washington or ability to get reciprocity
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- Advanced AutoCAD Civil 3D or InRoads
- ArcGIS, MicroStation and other engineering design software proficiency is a plus
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of construction means, methods and techniques
- Ability to prepare civil engineering documents and specifications for projects
- Design experience related to major transportation and civil infrastructure is required. Additional experience on waterfront and industrial site infrastructure is desirable.
- An appreciation for the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in the workplace. DEI is an important component of the company environment. We are looking for people who are eager to contribute to our on-going pursuit of a culture that embraces our employee’s differences, strengths, interests, and backgrounds.
Example of Projects:
- Design-Build Transportation Infrastructure
- Road and Highway Design
- Fish Passage/Culvert Replacement Projects
- Industrial Site Developments
- Railway Infrastructure
- Industrial Stormwater Treatment
- Fisheries Engineering
- Airports and Fixed Base Operator Developments
We will consider candidates that require VISA transfer/sponsorship for this position.
This job is posted by a staffing firm/recruiter/third party agency.