Jan 01, 2022
- As a lead position, provides technical direction over a group of civil designers and engineers and/or functions as a technical specialist, staff advisor, and consultant; uses independent judgment to formulate and develop advanced civil engineering concepts for a given project or program function.
- Helps play a role in business development and marketing
- Oversees the design and ongoing progress of a project, including project coordination with the city, state, and county officials and other outside agencies.
- Resolves a variety of complex problems; e.g., conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, and difficult coordination requirements.
- Reviews plans and prepares or reviews technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates.
- Coordinates technical and administrative activities for a project with other disciplines and departments within company.
- Takes an active role in new business development; markets company's capabilities to establish new clients and enhance relationships with existing clients.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the development, mentoring, training, and coaching of team members.
- Functions as a technical specialist, staff advisor, and consultant; uses independent judgment to formulate and develop advanced civil engineering concepts for a given land/site development or public works-related project or program function.
- Conducts constructability reviews or assists in the design/planning/review of other civil engineering projects assigned to others.
- Prepares improvement plans, specifications, supporting documents, and permit applications for commercial developments, residential, multifamily developments, and public works projects.
- Prepares calculations such as storm drain, wastewater, water system, earthwork quantities, transportation, cost estimates, and other supporting documentation for public and private projects.
- Coordinates technical and administrative activities for a project with other disciplines and departments within company
- Bachelor of Engineering from a four-year, board-approved engineering curriculum.
- P.E. or ability to obtain within 6 months to 1 year
Five to ten years of civil engineering experience
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil3D
- Possesses working knowledge of approval and permitting processes for civil land development projects.
- Understands and uses engineering principles, codes, and standards in civil design, including site layout, grading, erosion control, storm sewer, water, sanitary sewer, and roadway.
- Understands calculations and programs used in the design of civil systems and reports, including drainage, water, sanitary sewer, and roadway systems.
- Possesses working knowledge of disciplines involved in the development process, and integrates and coordinates civil engineering work into required approvals.
- Demonstrates technical writing skills needed for civil reports and letters.
- Understands client goals, and uses effective communication and leadership skills to manage project schedules and budgets.
- Communicates in a timely and effective manner within a team and with clients, various agencies, and other disciplines working on projects.
- Demonstrates effective leadership skills in directing and completing assigned work; is able to coordinate efforts on multiple projects.
- Works independently with little supervision; exercises independent judgment in the completion of work, including directing engineering activities to complete a project.
- Health Insurance (Two Plans to Choose From)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Flex Spending Account
- 401(K) Plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Flex Work Schedule
- Wellness Program
- Cash Bonuses
- Paid Volunteer Hours