How will you contribute to the team?
- Executes complex assignments relating to planning, designing and preparing plans related to water and wastewater infrastructure including modeling and planning efforts, distribution, collection, and transmission pipelines; pump and booster, as well as lift stations; reservoirs; water supply and water/wastewater treatment systems.
- Develops Technical Engineering Documents including Reports, Specifications, Permits, Cost Estimates, Quantities, and Construction Plans.
- Comprehends hydraulic modeling and performs analysis.
- Assists with supervision of multidiscipline teams with staff of varying experience.
- Monitors/manages design and development of plans and drawings, which may include the development of preliminary layout and/or final drawings.
- Monitors/manages projects involving construction activities by reviewing shop drawings for conformance with specifications; recordkeeping and progress reports; observes construction procedures, and directs subconsultants.
- Performs quality control, maintains quality standards in work produced, checks computations and reviews design drawings.
- Maintains frequent contact with clients and regulatory agency personnel to determine their respective needs and requirements.
- Monitors/manages a variety of water infrastructure projects, with varying degrees of complexity, maintaining scope, schedule, budget, and overall client satisfaction.
- Demonstrates strong project management skills. May serve as technical lead on projects with direct oversight of design staff.
- Provides leadership, guidance and instruction to more junior staff members.
- Regularly meets and corresponds with clients, subconsultants, contractors or project stakeholders.
- Supports business development activities from identification of opportunities to preparing proposals and making presentations to clients.
- Emphasis for this role will be on the technical aspects of water and wastewater system designs (80%) but will provide business development support (20%) when needed.
What will you contribute?
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. This level may be achieved by Engineers with four years' experience since B.S.; three years experience since M.S. Incumbents typically have six to ten years' experience since Bachelor's degree.
- Proven technical writing and communication skills. Incumbent may be eligible for project management training.
- Active in Professional Organizations preferred (i.e. AWWA, ASCE, WEF, GAWP, etc.).
- Local working experience in Atlanta Metro or adjacent regions is preferred, though not exclusionary
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with proficiency in public speaking and
- Familiarity with the following programs is preferred: ArcGIS, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project)
- P.E License in GA is required.
What We Offer
You will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program