What we’re looking for:
Lionakis currently seeking a Senior Engineer to join our Southern California Structural Engineering team. This position is based out of our Newport office. The Senior Engineer is a registered Professional Engineer in the state of California. We believe that teamwork and collaboration will enhance the success of our projects and provide candidates an opportunity to learn and grow.
The Senior Engineer will mentor less experienced staff and displays excellent communication skills in order to successfully coordinate with consultants and project team members to deliver client needs. The Senior Engineer serves as project lead, provides key decision making and direction for project teams, and will run multiple, complex projects.
- Project Leader: Provides key decision making and direction for project team(s); responsible for project direction in support of client expectations.
- Responsible for coordination of calculations, specifications and drawings, including consultant coordination, of complex projects; capable of making independent judgments and decisions for project(s) and project team(s).
- Develops solutions for complex design problems, including code compliance and agency interface; mentors/coaches less experienced staff.
- Responsible for technical oversight and coordination of project activities with clients, consultants, contractors, and staff.
- Responsible for construction administration for complex projects, identifying issues affecting project budget, construction costs, schedule, and legal/liability related issues for the Firm.
- Develops project management tools in collaboration with PIC(s) and/or Studio Leader(s).
- Directs project team(s) for completion of tasks consistent with project management plan(s) on large projects and will be responsible for leading projects.
- Advises Studio Leader(s) of potential client and consultant requested changes to scope of work; determines cause and effect to project budget and schedule on larger projects and may develop proposals with assistance of PIC and/or Studio Leader for projects.
- Responsible for managing team resources; advises Studio Leader(s) of resource and schedule needs
- Directs office standards for design, quality control, and production.
- Responsible for QA/QC processes; evaluates and implements QA/QC recommendations; provides feedback to appropriate team members.
- Review and evaluate documents for accuracy and coordination for consultant(s) and project team(s).
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Structural, or Architectural Engineering and 10 years structural design experience or 13 years related structural design experience
- California Civil Engineering license, Structural license preferred
- Intermediate skills in Revit and AutoCAD
- Intermediate skills in MS Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)