Great opportunity for Healthcare Planner looking for new challenges in 2019. Outstanding firm, great reputation, innovative culture.
- Ensure the client’s program and project objectives are addressed during the initial concept and early design phases of work.
- Supervise teams of professional and technical support personnel in project situations.
- Provide expertise support to project team members.
- Research and implement in projects state-of-the-art innovative concepts in planning and design.
Programming and Master Planning
- Develop program documents and diagrams that address and support the client’s objectives
- Lead meetings with client user, administration, physician, and leadership representatives resolving and addressing solutions for the varying focus and issues of these groups
- Work with client leadership and project teams to generate conceptual departmental and flow relationships that foster building configurations that address functional utility and design innovation.
Schematic Design and Design Development
- Lead and facilitate group discussions; recording and distributing the information to the client for record in a manner consistent with the firm and industry standards.
- Work with the project manager and the project designer in creating buildings which serve the client’s needs and respond to their desired image, space, and aesthetic.
- Lead the preparation of NYSDOH CON application materials.
- Write clear and concise narrative reports describing:
- Functional use and adjacencies
- Operational goals and objectives
- Expansion capabilities
- Design and document innovative programmatic solutions specific to each client, consistent with the firm and market standards.
- Provide detailed guidance and leadership to the project teams on healthcare-specific knowledge such as Article 28 compliance, equipment coordination, and technical room layouts.
Construction Documents and Administration
- Assist the project team with practice-specific support that governs the technical development of the project.
- Continue work with the client to ensure the practice-specific requirements are addressed.
- Help carry the design parameters through CA by providing support on an as-needed basis to the CA team.
- Mentor Architects, Technicians and Design Professionals in the development and implementation of healthcare knowledge.
- Education: Professional Degree
- Professional Status: Licensed Professional in NY State
- Professional Certifications: EDAC, LEED AP certification/ accreditations desirable
- Communications Skills: Excellent presentation, verbal, written and graphic communication skills. Ability to react quickly to issues while fostering a collaborative environment is a must.
- Experience: A portfolio presentation of prior experience demonstrating the successful candidate’s capabilities in the planning leadership of projects in a “hands-on” environment is a plus.
- Technological Skills: Revit, Microsoft Office Suite, Medical Programming Software