- A dynamic work environment for those who enjoy tackling a good challenge
- A culture of collaboration, by design
- A team environment that supports diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- Leadership opportunities for rising stars
- A continuing education reimbursement program and reward for obtaining your professional license
- Very competitive salaries
What You Will Do
As a Plumbing / Process Utility Designer, you will prepare project deliverables and contract documents including calculations, pipe design and drawings. Complete knowledge and interpretation of code compliance requirements and industry standards for the pharmaceutical industry. Survey existing piping systems and examine field conditions as required to support development and completion of projects. In-depth knowledge of general building construction for piping systems is essential. A typical day includes:
- Reviewing project scope and obtaining deliverables and due dates
- Code reviews, client standards and industry guidelines
- Surveying existing piping systems.
- Perform engineering calculations.
- Prepare contract documents (redline / produce floor plans, details, flow diagrams, and schedules)
- Prepare specifications.
- Construction administration (Answering RFIs, review of shop drawings).
- Attending job meetings.
Successful candidates will have in-depth knowledge of general building construction for process systems, as well as complete knowledge regarding interpretation of code compliance requirements and industry standards for plumbing and process utilities. Minimum qualifications include:
- BS/BA in Mechanical Engineering, technical school certificate or other related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in designing and engineering of plumbing and/or process utility piping systems in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, and Healthcare industries with additional knowledge of purified water, compressed air, compressed gases, vacuum, cryogenic liquids, neutralization systems and process utilities
- Working knowledge of cGMP codes and standards required
- Proficiency in current versions of AutoCAD and REVIT
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritize multiple projects and adjust work against tight deadlines
- EIT or recent PE registration a plus but not required