Seeking a Site / Civil Project Engineer for its Land Development operation in its Daphne AL office. This position requires a minimum of 5 years of experience in civil design of land development activities including: design of grading, storm water management, soil erosion & sediment control, public and private roadways, storm drainage and water & sewer design. The selected candidate will become part of a growing team that provides complete, comprehensive land development services to a variety of clients. This position requires subject matter knowledge and breadth/depth experience to move projects from concept to completion including design work, plan and permit processing, and construction phase services.
- Responsible for preparation and coordination of all Land Development design aspects.
- Works closely with Project Manager and agency staff.
- Mentors junior staff.
- Specific work may include, but is not limited to, client communication, budget oversight and responsibility, construction document (plan and specifications) and technical reports preparation and/or oversight; engineering analyses, cost estimates and quality control/quality assurance in order to deliver a quality design product.
- Project Engineer will establish milestones and completion dates for projects and monitor progress for final evaluation of results.
- Other duties as required.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering or proven equal experience.
- Five (5) years or more experience directly related to the design and execution of Land Development Projects required.
- PE preferred, or ability to get it within one year.
- Preparation of graphics, exhibits and Site/Civil Construction Plans.
- Strong technical capabilities in various Software Applications including but not limited to:
- AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, and Abode Acrobat.
- Strong understanding of civil site design for retail, commercial, urban redevelopment projects required. Understanding of gas/power sector projects a plus!
- Experienced individual must be capable of delivering projects that meet technical requirements on time and within budget.
- Skill sets must include performance and /or direction of specific engineering work on diverse civil site design projects across market segments and with varying degrees of complexity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to become proficient in company engineering practices, standards, and company-specific software programs.