The following Position Description is intended to define the general characteristics, experience, and capabilities that align with our firm expectations and growth model. Candidates possessing these traits have a unique opportunity to continue their professional development in a diverse and expanding firm that promotes entrepreneurial drive. It is not expected that the candidate will possess each of the specific levels of experience or skills identified herein, however, the ideal candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of A-E consulting processes.
Professional Attitude and Demeanor
- Consistently maintains a positive and encouraging attitude.
- Promotes a sense of team and comradery.
- Forward-looking and focused on the best resolution.
- Proactively seeks and accepts new challenges.
- Maintains clear and direct communications.
- Organized and prompt.
- Confident but not self-promoting.
- Presents oneself in a professional and appropriate manner (behavior, dress, communication).
Technical and Analytical
- Professional Engineer Licensure (P.E.) (and ability to obtain licensure in all states).
- Fundamental knowledge and general understanding of multiple engineering disciplines and how they are applied within the Engineering and Construction industry.
- Ability to develop and review engineering calculations. Analytical nature and ability to comprehend and validate calculations in various disciplines of practice.
- Working knowledge and fundamental proficiency with A-E design and modeling software systems. General understanding of multi-discipline A-E drawing packages consistent with industry best-practice. Current A-E design software includes:
- AutoCAD Architecture, Engineering & Construction Suite (AutoCAD, Revit, Civil 3D).
- RISA 3D, PROFIS, and other manufacturer software (e.g., Simpson).
- Understanding and familiarity with current building and industry codes (IBC, ASCE, NFPA, ASHRAE, ASTM, ANSI, etc.). Ability to establish and reference applicable codes and standards and interpretation of such specific to the associated design.
- Possess strong technical writing skills. Support managers with preparation of client documents including reports, studies, specifications, and proposals.
Organizational Management and Leadership
- Daily task prioritization and ability to identify potential issues for team resolution.
- Review project budgets with management and allocated hours by task.
- Proactive, real-time guidance and mentoring of subordinate staff.
- Request management support when appropriate.
- Participate in industry organizations and events.
- Participate in internal progress design deliverable reviews.
- Participate in field investigations and construction administration tasks. Prepare field reports for internal review.
- Collaborate with subcontractors / subconsultants to ensure scope conformance, deliverable quality, and schedule compliance.
- Plan and coordinate engineering field investigations, studies, and assessments.
- Lead and manage construction administration services including submittals and RFI reviews, field inspections and documentation, and owner meetings.
- Foster positive client relationships at all levels. “Doer-Seller” model.
- Support managers with development of A-E proposals and initiatives.
- Be observant and communicate all potential client opportunities to managers.
Bachelors Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering