Seeking an entry level Staff Engineer to join our growing practice. We are looking for a motivated candidate with an interest in developing both field and analytical skills, a passion to continue to develop as a professional, and a desire to be part of a strong collaborative team.
- Use GIS and GPS to aid in planning and executing geotechnical field work
- Plan, coordinate and supervise subsurface investigations and geotechnical and materials testing field work
- Observe geotechnical-related construction and perform materials testing
- Prepare field reports
- Create basic plans and figures using AutoCAD, MicroStation, and GIS
- Assign and review laboratory tests
- Perform engineering calculations to support geotechnical designs
- Provide support and prepare portions of geotechnical reports and proposals
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET-accredited program
- Completion of geotechnical-focused undergraduate and graduate coursework
- 0-2 years of professional experience
- EIT certification
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Strong work ethic and a desire for continual self-improvement
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheets, AutoCAD, MicroStation, and data management computer programs.
- Willingness and ability to perform field work and travel, including assignments that may last several months away from the office
- Ability to lift 60 pounds and be physically able to negotiate construction sites, enter trenches, climb ladders and work outside
- Must have a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation.
- Prior internship or professional work in a related field (i.e. geotechnical engineering, construction, civil engineering, etc.)
- Prior internship experience in construction materials testing
- US Citizenship
- Ability to pass a background check which may include criminal history, motor vehicle record and credit check
- Ability to pass a pre-employment screening