We seek a talented professional with an entrepreneurial mindset to join our New York City office. The candidate will enjoy working on multiple projects in varying capacities, both on project jobsites and in the office, with limited oversight while gaining valuable real-world experience. More specific details are described below.
- Effective management of select assignments within the region; meeting budget and delivery timeframes; ensuring client satisfaction.
- Ensuring that assignments are executed with technical proficiency, accuracy, and professionalism.
- Review and interpret construction drawings, specifications, and contract documents.
- Monitor and assess construction performance and record construction activities to ensure compliance with construction documents.
- Conduct constructability reviews.
- Assist with preparation of detailed reports auditing construction projects.
- Assist in project schedule creation, management and analysis.
- Inspect properties and buildings.
- Review and interpret building code.
- Assist with quantity takeoffs and cost estimating.
- Assist with file setup and filing.
- Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on-site, in accordance with corporate policy.
- Participation in interviews with perspective clients.
- Represent company to clients in a professional manner.
- Travel and/or field work may be required
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients, and contractors
- Able to work with minimal oversight but take direction effectively from managers
- Able to meet deadlines, both internally and externally driven
- Other project duties as assigned by senior staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management preferred
- EIT certification desired but not required
- 5-7 years of construction experience.
- Owner’s Project Management work with public and private and university construction projects preferred
- Candidates should be familiar with interpreting construction drawings, specifications, contracts, estimating and take-offs, and as-built drawings
- Work in a consultant setting. Track your time and monitor activities against a budget
- Experience with client interview preparation a plus
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Efficient, well-organized and positive attitude when approached with challenges and realities of construction management and consulting
- Requires excellent technology, computer, and document management proficiencies
- Proficiency or working knowledge of Primavera Contract Management a plus
- Proficiency or working knowledge of Primavera P6 or Microsoft Project a plus
- Proficiency or working knowledge of CAD a plus
- Estimating skills are a plus
- General working knowledge of Construction Project Management softwares (i.e., Procore, Newforma, CMiC, etc.) is a plus
- OSHA-10 or -30 certification preferred, but not required.
- CDT certification a plus.
- Walk job sites during inspections, sometimes on uneven terrain.
- Carry construction tools and equipment (up to 30 pounds) onto job sites.
- Travel and/or field work may be required – including valid Driver License in good standing and reliable transportation.