Seeking an Intermediate Architect to join our team in our New York City office.
We are looking for thoughtful individuals with excellent communication and technical skills. The ideal candidate will have between 5-15 years of professional experience and will bring design excellence to every project.
As an Intermediate Architect, you will….
- Perform architectural assignments with general direction, no immediate supervision, and work independently as well as collaboratively with others toward design solutions
- Assist in developing design and technical solutions for projects in all phases, including graphics, renderings, physical modeling and performance metrics for the successful communication of the design goals
- Provide production of design drawings, presentation drawings, and digital models in support of design teams
- Research products and materials, review existing projects and those under construction to inform the production of design documentation
- Assist in the project’s narrative for meeting building performance goals, including metrics, verification, and design integration
- Contribute to the effective performance of the Project Team regarding project quality, schedule, and budget
- Assist in the execution of Construction Administration responsibilities and project close-out
- Contribute to general office-wide initiatives and marketing efforts
- Demonstrate motivation in seeking new responsibilities and challenges
- Help build relationships with clients and consultants with team leaders
- Supervision and mentorship of junior staff
- Highly motivated, proactive and passionate
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent team communication skills, design presentation, and storytelling skills
- Experience detailing and execution of construction documents with minimal supervision
- Experience with complex multi-phased higher education, healthcare, civic and/or commercial development projects, is desired
- Experience with energy modeling or daylighting tools is desired
- Proficiency in Revit, Rhino, Sketch-Up, Adobe Suite, and Microsoft Office
- Professional Architectural degree and a minimum of 5 to 15 years of related experience
- Licensed Architects are strongly preferred