Immediate opening for a Geotechnical Project Engineer. This is a fantastic opportunity to help build a strong technical team, develop and maintain client relationships, and be a part of a great consulting engineering practice. Our Geotechnical Engineers provide engineering and consulting services for a broad array of projects and clients. Services may be provided for existing or proposed projects in the public works, transportation, commercial, communications, energy, and/or industrial sectors.
Your work will include performing and/or leading field investigations, engineering analyses, calculations, and recommendations, design and development of plans and specifications, observation and inspection, and the writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services provided. You will review drawings and construction to assure compliance with plans and specifications; prepare proposals and cost estimates, track and evaluate project progress, budgets, and recommend changes; research and resolve design and construction problems; assign, review, and evaluate laboratory or field data for inclusion in reports; and apply sound engineering principles and be able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams.
Essential Roles And Responsibilities
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Maintain quality standards on all projects.
- Career level, fully competent engineering professional with responsibility for managing detailed phases of projects with moderate size and complexity.
- Independently perform a variety projects or selected segments of larger projects.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and/or coordinate detailed phases of assigned project work.
- Work closely with senior-level project managers to gain additional project management experience for more complex and larger projects.
- Make design, engineering, and construction recommendations, adaptations and modifications.
- Prepare proposals and reports for small and large projects of varying complexity.
- Perform quality control review of proposals written by others.
- Evaluate complex laboratory and field data for inclusion in reports.
- Serve as a technical adviser to junior-level project team members.
- Interact directly with client and project team on developing scope of services, communicating project progress and findings and recommendations.
- Write and prepare routine and complex engineering reports detailing services provided, findings, and recommendations.
- Supervise graduate, field and project engineering staff.
- Work under the supervision of an Authorized Project Reviewer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Geological Engineering.
- Minimum 5-8 years’ experience.
- Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering preferred.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.