Seeking an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our team as a Project Manager in our brand new Harrisburg, PA office. This is an exciting opportunity to support strategic growth efforts of our roadway design services group into Pennsylvania. The PM will perform a variety of engineering tasks relative to various municipal and PennDOT roadway design projects, while focusing on business development opportunities in Pennsylvania. The diversity of responsibilities require a flexible mindset and cooperative team-oriented attitude with progressively increasing management capabilities.
Key Role Requirements:
- Daily responsibilities will include project design, task management, project management, client contact, agency contact and quality control.
- Project management and development of roadway construction documents, specifically roadway plans, profiles, typical sections, grading, traffic control systems, cost estimating and planning
- Preparing reports and studies
- Preparing for, attending and participating in public meetings
- Directing others in performing designs for various roadway infrastructure projects based on AASHTO, PennDOT and local municipality requirements; reviewing and managing designs prepared by others
- Participating in project/contracting scoping, fee development, contract negotiations, and execution
- Coordinating with contractors, utility companies and government agencies
- A diverse background/knowledge of geometric roadway design, stormwater/drainage, maintenance of traffic, utility coordination/design and design management
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in roadway design in Pennsylvania
- Additional experience in Maryland and Virginia would be a plus
- Professional Engineer's license in PA is preferred
- MicroStation and AutoCAD Civil 3D experience
- Familiarity with AASHTO, PennDOT and regional design standards, practices and policies