May 01, 2021
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform office and field duties as part of a Field inspection Team responsible for oversight of a variety of transportation construction projects.
- Monitor and record the work and progress of contractors, while tracking material quality and usage.
- Verify that traffic control measures are implemented and maintained during construction.
- Maintain communication between company supervisors and peers, MDOT and local agency personnel, contractor personnel and the general public
- Perform field inspections, take field measurements and oversight of material testing on road and bridge construction projects.
- Verify that applicable codes and engineering standard practices are being met.
- Independently evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria and using judgement in making minor adaptations and modifications.
- Builds analytic and design skills.
- Conducts engineering design under the supervision of an experienced engineer.
- Creates designs, calculations, sketches, diagrams, schematic drawings, and final working drawings under the supervision of an experienced engineer.
- Collects and analyzes data under the supervision of an experienced engineer.
- Uses computer software as a tool for solving basic engineering problems.
- Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule under supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Valid Driver's license
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Engineer in Training (EIT) Certificate
- Experience using CADD and Microstation.
We will consider candidates that require VISA transfer/sponsorship for this position.