We are seeking a Construction Project Executive to join the management team of our DesignBuild group to lead and provide oversight of our in-house DesignBuild project teams. The Construction Project Executive provides management direction and oversight control of projects from concept design through completion and strives to meet all client expectations. The Project Executive will typically oversee Project Managers on one or more projects and/or will take overall project management responsibility on significantly larger projects. Ideal candidates will have understanding of quality management principles, general engineering principles, understanding of DesignBuild delivery and construction techniques. The candidate must have the proven ability to effectively lead people and manage resources. We are looking for the right person to oversee our project quality, mentor our well-qualified staff, interact with clients and work with the rest of the team.
- Oversee the successful management of construction projects. Provide leadership to the DesignBuild team with respect to project goals, objectives and client expectations.
- Develop and improve DesignBuild project processes and mentor / train staff.
- Ensures efficient coordination of engineering and project requirements. Leads the team in cooperative and synergistic efforts with other disciplines on projects.
- Reviews all reporting systems and procedures and prepares reports to clients and senior management defining progress and cost.
- Promote and maintain client relationships.
- Demonstrate effective teamwork through the establishment of successful interpersonal relationships with co-workers and other disciplines within the Company.
- Develop subcontractors’ interest, receive and review prequalification forms for preparation for bidder’s list.
- Provide oversight for the preparation of individual packages for competitive bidding of all project work. Receive, analyze and clarify all bids. Make award recommendations.
- Negotiate, award and administer all subcontracts, purchase orders and change orders.
- Establish and monitor project costs and schedule.
- Perform frequent job site inspections and project progress meetings.
- Receive, review and process all vendor submittals including expediting delivery of materials and equipment.
- Prepare all required project status reports to inform and coordinate with client.
- Assemble, review and transmit all project closeout information (i.e. as-builts, warranties) and provide required warranty follow-up.
- Direct supervisory responsibility of site personnel.
- Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture
- 15+ years of successful construction project management experience on diverse projects.
- Experience on successful DesignBuild projects.
- Strong knowledge of construction engineering principals: materials, methods, sequencing, scheduling, and estimating
- Strong knowledge of construction industry including laws, contracts, and accounting
- Understanding of insurance and related issues including liability aspects and claims avoidance
- Ability to interpret construction documents
- Strong knowledge of field construction: systems, practices, safety and procedures
- Understanding of development of Design Documents
- Knowledge of Prolog and Microsoft Project
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Up to 25% travel may be required