Taylor Engineering, Inc. seeks a Waterfront Project Engineer to join our Destin, Florida office. Taylor Engineering has an incredible opportunity to support our interdisciplinary waterfront, coastal, water resources, and environmental team members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, analysis, design, permitting, and inspection of waterfront or marine structures such as seawalls, bulkheads, marine foundations, docks, piers, ship terminals, marinas, and boat ramps
- Shore protection design and permitting including beach nourishment and living shorelines
- Coastal process analyses, inlet management, and coastal project feasibility studies
- Construction observation and administration
- Preparation of technical submittals including letters, technical reports, drawings, technical specifications, and contract documents
- Communicate with various municipality, utility, and government regulatory agencies
- Successfully manage multiple projects; ensure tasks are completed on time and within budget
- Participate in business development activities and keep strong, long-term client relationships
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering or other applicable engineering disciplines; preferably with Master of Science or Master of Engineering in civil or coastal engineering
- Experience: 4 – 8 years in civil, coastal, or waterfront engineering
- Registration: Florida Professional Engineer (PE) or Florida Structural Engineer (SE) or ability to attain licensure within 12 months
- Proven experience in coastal, waterfront, or civil engineering design and construction management
- Organized with the ability to multi-task
- Energetic, detail-oriented team player
- Excellent oral and writing skills with the ability to prepare technical reports
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to interpret complex technical, scientific, and abstract information; and to spot issues during review of design drawings and diagrams
- Experience with concrete design, steel design, timber design, aluminum design, and piling design in accordance with standard practices or applicable codes
- Experience with projects in the marine and coastal environment
- Ability to carry out complex mathematical calculations using Matlab, Excel/VBA, or similar tools.
- Ability (or willingness to learn) to operate small vessels
- Lifting up to (35) pounds unassisted
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Possesses acceptable vision (with or without corrective lenses) to be able to see and navigate a computer screen
- Ability to conduct work in field and on construction sites
Who are we?
Here at Taylor we are a team. We succeed together, and we fail together. We are a group of professionals in a business casual, team member-focused environment. We support career growth and personal development. We work hard and play hard; doing both with incredible values each member of the team upholds. We are servant leaders, seeking to help others. We are quirky and comical and if you’re striving to be your best, you’re one of us.
You are not a number at Taylor and our benefit plans show we take care of our people. From flextime to playtime and from the boardroom to the classroom, you’ll find a slew of policies and programs designed to benefit you. We offer medical and dental at no cost to the employee, vision, group life, medical leave, short- and long-term disability, accrued paid leave, 401k match, as well as…
- Competitive salary
- Bonus program
- Generous PTO
- Licensure, training, continuing education, and tuition reimbursement
- Participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flextime scheduling and work from home options
- Seven paid holidays and two floating holidays
- Wellness incentives and monthly fitness reimbursement
- Health savings account, flexible spending account, and health reimbursement options
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Relocation reimbursement package (if necessary)
Considering relocating to or within the state of Florida? No need to wait until retirement to enjoy the sunny and warm climate, world-renowned beaches, and attractions. Florida is one of a few states that charges no state income tax, and our cost of living typically trends below the national average, depending on where you decide to call home.
Nestled between Pensacola and Panama City, Destin offers stunning white sand beaches along the Gulf of Mexico. From beaches to boating, golf to go karts, fishing to festivals, Destin is family-friendly community with a small-town feel and a highly rated school system. Florida’s Panhandle is within reasonable driving distances from major attractions and sporting events in New Orleans, Atlanta, Tampa, Orlando, and Jacksonville; so, you will never run out of things to do! Need more reasons why Destin, Florida is right for you? Check out these websites:
Taylor Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.