A great opportunity for 7-10 year experienced designer with experience in K-12 and Higher Ed work. Great culture, busy firm, lots of growth opportunities.
• Education: Prefer minimum of BS in Architecture
• Requires 7-10 years’ experience in design, preferably in K-12 and higher educational facilities.
• Reports to Sr. Designer/Project Architect/Principal
• Assists in development of project document during all phases of the project
• Performs non-routine assignments of substantial variety and complexity
• May assist in development of project marketing interview materials
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Personable and presentable with ability to engage in informed conversation with clients.
• Strong graphic presentation skills
• Strong design skills
• Knowledgeable with current building codes
• Knowledgeable with agency review process and DSA procedures helpful
• Computer skill set including Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, SketchUP, Adobe Creative Suite,
• Ability to assist in the documentation of project design with engaging presentations utilizing
tools such as 3D CAD modeling, and product or material research
• Ability to effectively participate in schematic design and design development of projects, and
make client presentations
• Ability to use creativity and original thinking in design issues with a keen eye for detail and
exemplary taste in design and architecture
• Ability to effectively participate in office design charettes, team design critiques and pin-ups.
• Ability to use basic design communication skills via sketching and hand drawings
• Ability to follow the design intent of graphic and verbal direction
• Ability to participate in the development of 3D modeling of projects. Prepare various design
communication and presentation materials including sketches, rendered 2D & 3D drawings,
rendered perspectives, slide shows and material selection boards