Nov 23, 2020
Irvine, CA, USA
- Demonstrates creativity, passion and interest in design and planning of laboratories within technical facilities.
- Knowledge of technical and regulatory requirements for laboratory design.
- Knowledge of laboratory programming delivery and how design impacts those systems -including space, operational, and equipment programming, as well as MEP systems and casework.
- Knowledge of laboratory planning, design, construction documents, construction administration and project construction cost control for lab facilities.
- Knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Possess strong hand and advanced CAD drafting skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software preferred.
- Proficiency in Revit or other BIM platform preferred.
- Proficiency in NewForma preferred.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing; ability to convey laboratory planning needs to designers and other team members.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or equivalent in education or experience required, laboratory design certification preferred. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5 years’ experience focused on programming and planning of all phases of a variety of laboratory types such as: research, teaching (science), academic/ STEM
- Architecture license preferred.
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.
We will consider candidates that require VISA transfer/sponsorship for this position.