We are a Florida-based forensic architectural and consulting firm, specializing in the investigation, evaluation and design of new and existing building enclosure systems, as well as handling the technical aspects of problems in construction. We have an immediate opening for a Building Enclosure Consultant.
- Responsible for roofing and waterproofing consultation, design and forensic assignments
- Prepare test reports and construction monitoring related to the repair of existing buildings for a wide variety of projects and clients
- Assist with building and materials investigations and assessments, documenting observed conditions during construction
- Assist with new design consulting and peer reviews of plans and specifications for building enclosures
- Perform initial review of architectural drawings, shop drawings and submittals pertaining to the building enclosure
- Assist with/perform field performance testing and water leakage testing of roofing and waterproofing systems, windows, curtain walls, and other building elements
- Assist with construction administration services, including mock-up testing and shop drawing reviews, and conduct factory inspections and site visits
- Assist with/perform forensic investigations and documentation of existing conditions including wall claddings, windows, curtain wall systems, roofs, skylights, plaza waterproofing and below grade elements
- Assist with remediation design of building enclosures
- Prepare professionally written technical reports
- Prepare sketches and details using AutoCAD or hand-written techniques
- Litigation support for projects involving all of the issues discussed above
- Strong command of fundamental building enclosure principals, such as role of the water resistant barrier, proper window/door flashing, proper roof/wall flashing, etc.
- Working knowledge of building codes and ability to conduct independent research of codes, standards, and other technical references
- Knowledge or experience with the creation of construction documents, contracts, ASI’s, RFI’s, Contractor Request for Payments, punch lists, Substantial Completion forms, etc.
- An understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the various participants in the construction process; including the architect, the contractor, the consultants, the subcontractors, etc.
- Strong analytical skills and the desire and ability to tackle complex problems
- The ability to clearly communicate architectural issues, verbally and in writing, to audiences with varying technical proficiency
- Prompt responsiveness to inquiries from peers and clients, sometimes outside of normal working hours
- Desire and ability to multi-task
- Flexibility with respect to work schedule and travel. Travel is a requirement of the position, occasionally with little advance notice
- Desire to continually develop and refine technical knowledge through targeted continuing education
- General understanding of the building enclosure commissioning process
- Knowledge on the operation and use of infrared cameras
- Knowledge of ASTM & AAMA moisture intrusion testing procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat. Working knowledge of AutoCAD a plus
Education & Experience:
- Active architectural or PE license preferred
- Minimum five years of roofing, waterproofing, and building envelope industry experience required
- Professional certifications a plus (e.g. CDT, CCS, LEED AP, RRO, RRC, RWC, REWC, REWO, RBEC, etc.)
Vist our website at www.cbgoldsmith.com for more information.